Κυριακή 5 Δεκεμβρίου 2010

The observer

Christmas in November 173
Christmas in November 408

We were at a party.
I was in the middle.
The others were around me.
Socializing.
Telling stupid jokes.
Most of them were indifferent,chatty and a little stupid.
I was laghing.I like stupid jokes.
I liked him a little bit.
At this orgasm of life and energy,he was standing distant.
And quiet.
He was smiling.
Shy.Introvert.He seemed to be smart.
Maybe it was because he wasn't exposing himself,so you could notice his weaknesses.
Not participating but observing things from distance gives you an advantage.
You understand much more things.
About the current situation.
About how people work.
And he was at this advantageous position.
And he knew it.
Somewhere inside him he was looking down on the others.
He was feeling better.
When we were looking each other,there was this secret agreement between us.
Because we resemble at this.
Deep inside me I'm like this.

Observer.
Listener.

Regardless if I'm really trying to change it.
'Cause sometimes I think while observing life,you miss living life.
And at the middle of the people around me,with the noise and the laughs,
I was observing.
Isn't it tragicalness this?
Struggling to defeat you nature?

5 σχόλια:

Heather είπε...

A few years ago, I took one of those "what's your personality type?" quizzes and ended up with the result "observer." I'd never really thought about it before, but it's so true. Looking back, I often get so caught up in observing that I completely forget to interact. Whenever I'm in a group and someone asks me something, it's like it jars me from watching a movie into real life. Trying to bridge the distance, slowly but surely...

Dandelionkisses είπε...

I loved reading this. I feel like it puts to words things I'm always thinking.
I like the first photo too. :)

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark είπε...

wow, your photos and words are beautiful.

S. είπε...

That's so true, I've realised that with time. Observing gives you an advantage. You learn things about people. But then again you begin to miss out on life yourself. It's like how knowing the theory of something is pointless, if you don't experience the practical side of it.

V. είπε...

How I wish I could be the observer for a change..